My professional interests are around education and its power to raise aspirations and improve opportunities for children from all backgrounds. In particular:
- Partnerships, including school partnerships (especially cross-sector) and business-school partnerships
- Science and STEM teaching, science capital, girls and science, teacher development
- Music; mezzo-soprano (choral, freelance), opportunities for young people
- Environmental issues
- Chair of Planet Possibility, a consortium working to increase engagement with physics, especially amongst post-16 students from under-represented groups.
- Fellow of the Institute of Physics
- Fellow of the Chartered College of Teaching
- STEM Ambassador
- Founder-Chair of the Schools Together Group
- Co-Founder of Young Scientists Journal
- Advisor (and former trustee) to charity Physics Partners
- Monthly broadcast on BBC Radio Kent #Pocket Science
- Co-founder of Canterbury Choral Society Youth Choir
- Deputy Lay Clerk (alto) at Canterbury Cathedral
Please login for full contact details. If you are not a member, please email your request which will be forwarded to Christina Astin. You can click here to send an email intended for Christina Astin.