This accessibility statement applies to the Kent Ambassadors, run by Kent County Council.
The content on this website is designed for everyone to find, read, and understand. It is compatible with assistive technologies and developed to meet the accessibility standards outlined in this statement.
View the site your way
There are a number of customisation options for your browser and device that could help you use this website and other websites more effectively.
AbilityNet provide advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Feedback and contact information
Please contact us at email@example.com or on 03000 417040 if you have an accessibility query including:
- If you are experiencing issues with accessing information or using the website
- If you find an accessibility problem not listed on this statement
- If you have positive feedback on the accessibility considerations made.
When you contact us there is a process in place that will acknowledge your contact, tell you who is dealing with it and give you a timescale by which you can expect a reply.
If you need information in an alternative format, such as braille or a language other than English:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 03000 421 553.
An English-speaker will take details of what you need and arrange a translation or interpreting service for you. You may need an English-speaking friend or a family member to help you with this.
We may not be able to meet your requirements immediately, but we will try to provide an interpreter (or translation service) to help you as quickly as possible.
Once you have reported a problem with our website or asked for an alternative format, but you are not happy with our response, you can use our complaints process to register your difficulty. This helps us improve our systems.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Kent County Council is committed to making this website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
[This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.]
We formally test the accessibility of key user journeys that represent the breadth of content across our website on a regular basis against WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
If you find something that does not work that we missed, remember to contact us.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reason(s):
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
This section covers issues that we need to fix and are working to do so.
- The ‘Cookies Preferences Center’ does not receive keyboard focus immediately after it is opened.
- The ‘Cookie Consent’ and ‘Save my preferences’ buttons, language dropdown selector and the preference checkboxes only receive focus once the whole page has been tabbed through.
- The language selector in the ‘Cookies Preferences Center’ does not have a visible focus indicator. (W.C.A.G: 2.4.3, 2.4.7)
- The ‘Cookies Preferences’ button receives focus before the footer menu which does not match the visual reading order.
- The ‘Cookies Preferences’ button does not have a visual focus indicator. (W.C.A.G: 2.4.3, 2.4.7)
- The Login button does not have a visible focus indicator. (W.C.A.G: 2.4.7)
- The ‘Keep me signed in’ checkbox and the ‘Login’ button do not have descriptive associated labels for screen readers. (W.C.A.G: 1.3.1, 3.3.2, 4.1.2)
- The ‘Keep me signed in’ checkbox cannot be selected using a keyboard alone. (W.C.A.G: 2.1.1)
- On all Ambassador pages the ‘Please login for full contact details.’ paragraph is cut off when the viewport width is reduced to 320 pixels wide. (W.C.A.G: 1.4.10)
- When the viewport width is reduced to 320 pixels wide or the page is zoomed to 200% the navigation menu can’t be scrolled all the way to the bottom. (W.C.A.G: 1.4.4, 1.4.10)
- The login input box borders have an insufficient colour contrast ratio of 1.35:1.
- The ‘Keep me signed in’ checkbox border has an insufficient colour contrast ratio of 2.3.2. (W.C.A.G: 1.4.11)
- The grey input fields in the ‘Request Help’ and ‘Contact’ forms have an insufficient colour contrast ratio of 1.12:1 when compared to the white background. (W.C.A.G: 1.4.11)
- When CCS styling Is disabled you cannot tab past the navigation menu when using a keyboard alone.
- When CSS styling is removed there is a hidden link that receives keyboard focus at the bottom of the page. (W.C.A.G: 1.3.2, 2.4.3, 2.4.4)
This will be fixed in the next update of the website which is planned for January 2021. If you need support filling out the form in the meantime, please contact us via an alternative method such as telephone or email.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 26/1/21. It was last reviewed on 26/1/21.
This website was last tested on 15/1/21. The test was carried out by Kent County Council.